Kalika Microcredit Development Bank Limited (KMDB) as a public limited company, received operating license from Nepal Rastra Bank (the Central Bank of Nepal) as æDÆ class financial institution on 2067/04/05 (July 21, 2010) to operate under Bank and Financial Institution Act, 2063 (2006). Its Central Office is located in western part of Nepal, Walling Bazar, Syangja and working area is 10 District: Syangja, Parbat, Kaski, Rupendehi, Nawalparasi, Palpa, Tanahu, Gorkha, Dhading and Makawanpur.
KMDB provides customer friendly microfinance services in un-served and underserved areas of respective districts. Our major focus is to expand financial service in rural and deprived area through our Branch Offices which are located in remote area.
The authorized capital and issued capital of KMDB is Rs. 100 and 50 million respectively. Share ownership structure is as below:
• Promoters Share (Rs. 30 million) 60%
• General Public including staff (Rs. 20 million) 40%
The mission of KMDB is to identify the resources of local area and help in their maximum utilization and to transform the work hard people into entrepreneur by providing them loan.
KMDB attempts to support the national movement of poverty reduction through preparing the community which actively participates in national product.
The primary goals of KMDB are to:
- Reach a maximum number of poor households with potential and financial viability.
- Develop a well-managed institution with high staff morality.
- Improving the life status of marginalized people through connecting them into groups to follow the loan and to provide saving service.
- Promoting the local production by increasing human and capital resources.